The Lewis Cass is looking forward to welcoming students back to school on Monday, August 10. We remain committed to providing students with an outstanding educational experience with necessary safety protocols in place to the fullest extent possible in a school setting.
In addition to in-person instruction, the Lewis Cass will offer an virtual option for those students with health-related issues or other mitigating factors that prevent them from attending.
After weeks of collaboration with the Cass County Health Department, Cass county schools, and various local and state agencies, I am pleased to provide you with the Lewis Cass School Pandemic Handbook and Lewis Cass Return to School Guidance video.
The guidance, approved by the Lewis Cass Board of School Trustees, establishes guidelines to allow our schools to reopen as safely as possible for our students and staff. While these guidelines are intentionally not building specific, they provide a flexible framework from which to begin building protocols at each school. However, several health protocols will be in place at every school to reduce the chances of virus spread, some of these include:
- All students and staff are required to have a mask with them at all times. They must be worn on the school bus and other times when social distancing is not possible such as in the hallways during passing period, etc.
- Schools will provide additional hand sanitizer stations and increased opportunities for hand sanitizer use and hand washing throughout the day.
- Students and staff will be required to be fever free for 72 hours without use of fever-reducing medication before returning to school.
- Visitors and guests in school buildings will be restricted.
- Instructional space and scheduling flexibility will be maximized.
When it comes to back-to-school shopping, all students will be provided two cloth masks, one water bottle, and a small bottle of hand sanitizer which can be refilled.
During the online registration process, we will provide more details regarding the option of virtual learning so parents can choose in-person or remote learning for their student.
We appreciate your support and patience during this process. Please continue to watch for updates and additional information on our website, www.lewiscass.net . With everyone working together, we will be able to keep our students, teachers, and staff members as safe as possible as we reopen our schools. We look forward to having everyone back in August.