Free meals available for bulk pickup starting June 9th
FOOD SERVICE PICKUP WILL BE AT THE ELEMENTARY THIS YEAR
Bulk pickup for meals starts on June 9th on every WEDNESDAY ONLY at 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm for 5 breakfast and 5 lunches it will be :
- First come first serve
- Limited numbers of bulk packages
- If a student received a daily individual meal they cannot pick up the bulk meals on Wednesday. Meaning, if they come to the school for summer school or other reason and get meals, they could not pick up bulk meals. Any student that is not getting the daily meals could come.
USDA WAIVER OPTIONS FOR SCHOOL FOOD AUTHORITIES EXTENDED UNTIL JUNE 30, 2022
- You must still sign up for free/reduced lunches if you meet the criteria. Doing so helps in other funding sources for our schools.
- New! USDA has provided additional flexibility to help School Food Authorities (SFAs) wanting to implement retroactive claiming of school meals under NSLP/SBP, SSO, or SFSP until June 30, 2022.
- The decision as to which option to select rests solely on the local education authority, the need within the local school corporation, the capability of food service staff to provide quality meals, and the approvals of the state agency and local health department.
- New! Waivers are available until June 30, 2022. USDA has the right to withdraw this approval subject to the availability of funds.
- Check out the revised New USDA Waiver Options for School Food Authorities Fact Sheet.
- Questions? Contact your Field Specialist.
- Check out the Re-Entry Guidance Website for more information.
- New! Join IDOE for an Updated USDA Waiver Options for School Food Authorities Part 2 webinar on Tuesday, October 27 at 2:00 p.m. EST.