Spring 2019 ILEARN Results:
Dear Parent or Guardian:
Your student participated in the ILEARN assessments for his or her grade level earlier this spring. Since ILEARN is a new test, the final results with proficiency levels and scale scores will not be available for schools until August 15.
In accordance with Indiana Code 20-32-5.1-12(d), parents and schools have an opportunity to request a rescore for any open-ended item(s) to which students responded on the ILEARN assessment.
Important Information about the ILEARN Rescore Request Process:·
- The ILEARN Rescore Request window will be open in mid-July (July 15 – 31). Requests submitted outside of this window will not be processed.
- Parents or guardians who wish to view students’ response images and scoring rubrics must visit the school in which their child is officially enrolled. There will not be a separate online portal for parents to access this information.
- Together with Mr. LaPlante (3-5) or Mr. Young (6-8), you will be able to view an image of your student’s response to each open-ended item, sample student responses for each score point, and the scoring rubric to help decide whether to request a rescore for that item.
- The principal will submit any rescore request(s) on your behalf in the online platform.
- A school must first notify the parents of any student for whom they want to request a rescore since a rescore could result in an increased or decreased score.
- Once a rescore request is submitted, the request and/or score change cannot be reversed.
- A rescore request can only be requested one time for an item. Multiple requests to rescore the same item for a student is not permissible.
- All items, responses, and scoring rubrics are secure materials and must not be discussed, shared, distributed, or duplicated.
- Final results released on August 15 will reflect any properly submitted requested rescores.
|July 15 – 31, 2019||ILEARN Rescore Request window|
|August 15, 2019||ILEARN final results available for schools (including Individual Student Reports)|
Please contact junior high or elementary if you would like to view the hand scored items or if you have any questions about the rescore request process.